The IB (International Baccalaureate) is a worldwide recognized certification that stands for high quality education towards a better and more peaceful world through challenging programs of international education and rigorous assessment.
The International Baccalaureate (IB) is a non-profit educational foundation that offers four programs for students aged 4 to 19. Focused on the students, the programs aim at developing the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills to live, learn and work in a globalizing world.
Gurilandia International school is authorized by the IB to offer the PYP Program, for students aged 3 to 11, from Preschool to Elementary School up to Grade 5.
The international baccalaureate:
- One Mission
- Four challenging programmes providing a continuum of education for children from 3-19 years
- Over 4,200 ib world schools implementing more than 5,300 programmes
- More than 75,000 teachers trained each year
- More than 1,250,000 students aged 3 to 19 over ib word school
The IB does not own or manage any schools. Instead, the community is made up of likeminded state and private schools – called IB World Schools.
There is no such thing as a “typical” IB World School. You will find them everywhere from Australia to Zambia–and in 147 other countries in between.
Over half of these schools are state funded.
All ib World Schools:
- Share the mission and commitment of the IB to high quality, international education
- Have been authorized to offer one or more of our programmes
- Play an active and supporting role in the worldwide community of IB World Schools
- Contribute their knowledge and experience to the development of IB programmes
- Are committed to the professional development of teachers.